Q1. Why Manvar?
Manvar offers an authentic desert experience
in a one of a kind and very convenient location. For this experience one has a choice of air-conditioned cottages at the Resort or a tented camp in the middle of the desert.
Q2. Where is Manvar located?
Manvar Resort is ideally located in the midst of the sand dune region of Rajasthan, between
the famous cities of Jaisalmer and Jodhpur
Manvar nestles somewhere in the midst of the world famous sand dune region of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan. Geographically, it lies between the famous cities of Jaisalmer and Jodhpur, two of the most historic and magnificent centres of heritage and culture, in the state of Rajasthan, north-west of India. The added advantage of Manvar’s location is that it is situated on the main route to Jaisalmer (approximately 120 minutes’ drive). One can visit the historical fort-city while visiting / staying at Manvar.
Q3. How can I reach Manvar?
Manvar is well connected to the city of Jodhpur
by air, train and road transport.
You can reach Jodhpur
by air or by train as the nearest airport and railway station
are located here.
From Jodhpur you will have to take a taxi cab – this can be booked through Manvar in advance or though other taxi operators in Jodhpur.
By Road :
Manvar Resort is located in between Jodhpur and Jaislamer, in Rajasthan province in northwest India. The resort is 110 kilometers from Jodhpur (90 minutes) and 175 kms from Jaisalmer (2 hours) and 225 kms from Bikaner (2 hours 30 minutes).
Distances to Manvar by road :
110 kms ( 90 Minutes ) via Agolai , Balesar (on NH 125)
180 kms ( 2 hours ) via Pokhran , Dechu
225 kms ( 3 hours ) via Phalodi, Kolu , Dechu
390 kms ( 7 hours ) via Ranakpur , Jodhpur
450 kms ( 7 hours ) via Ajmer , Jodhpur
The closest airport is at Jodhpur which is 110 kms and 2 hours drive from the Resort. Jodhpur is well connected to New Delhi and Mumbai with daily flights. The flying time from Jodhpur to Delhi is one hour thirty minutes and from Mumbai to Jodhpur is 2 hours.
Jodhpur is the nearest railway station and it is well connected to Delhi and Mumbai, Jaipur and Ahmedabad.
Q4. Is the resort and camp operational throughout the year?
The Camp is operational from
Manvar Resot: 15th July to 30th April
Manvar Tented Camp: 1st October to 31st March
Luxury Tented Camp: 1st October to 31st March
and closed for the remaining period.
Q5. What is the type of accommodation available in Manvar ?
Manvar has two types of accommodation . The Resort has rooms / cottages while the Tented Camp which is 7 kms from the Resort has the tents .
: 21 A.C Rooms = 11 Standard, 06 Superior, 04 Deluxe These are air-conditioned rooms.
: 30 Standard Tents and 10 Luxury Tents(AC), each provided with an attached toilet. Tents are equipped with fans while / Electric Heat Blowers are provided in winter.
Q6. How can I make a reservation at Manvar?
Please visit the reservation page on this website and make your reservation online
. Alternatively, fill in your details in the form provided on the reservation page and our reservation desk will get in touch with you.
Q7. If I am booked to stay at the tented camp, where should I check in?
All check-ins for guests staying at Manvar Camp are at the Manvar Resort. After your arrival at the resort, complimentary to and fro transfers to the camp are provided. Please let the hotel know in advance your arrival and departure time so as to coordinate the transfers.
Q8. What are the facilities available at the Manvar resort & camp?
Tented Camp :
- 21 A.C Rooms = 11 Standard, 06 Superior, 04 Deluxe
- Restaurant serving Ala Carte & Buffet meals
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Conference Facilities
- Book Shop & Craft Shop
- Steam & Massage rooms
- Walking & Jogging Track
- Master & Visa Card accepted
- Recreation room with T.V. & home theatre
- 30 standard tents with attached toilets with running hot and cold water.
- Central Dining Tent
- 10 deluxe tents with attached toilets with running hot and cold water
- Separate dining tent for the Deluxe tent guests.
- Fans are provided in each of the tents and in winters blowers are provided.
- Electricity with generator back up.
Q9. Where is the nearest medical facility available ?
The nearest Government hospital is at Setrawa which is 10 kms from the Resort / Camp.
Q10. What is the weather at the camp like ?
September, October, March and April - Tropical , hot during the day while early mornings and evenings are pleasant (18-24˚C). Electric fans are provided inside the tents.
November, December, January and FebruaryDays are sunny and pleasant but night time winter temperatures vary between 02-20 . Each tent at the camp is equipped with an Electric Heat Blower during winters.
Q11. Should I take out travel insurance before visiting Manvar ?
An element of personal risk that is of hazardous nature is involved in all the excursions by Jeeps/Camel. Members in such an expedition must accept this risk. Though great precautions are taken to ensure your safety, you must note that some of the optional activities that you may wish to participate in carry various inherent risks with them. Should you wish to take part in them, and you are free to do so, we can assume no responsibility for your safety. You are advised to take out an Insurance policy to cover personal accidents and medical expenses.
Q12. Can I use my credit cards in Manvar ?
All major credit cards (except American Express), including Visa and MasterCard, are accepted. Proof of identity is required and it is useful to carry a passport or some form of photo identification at all times.
Q13. What are the activities for guests staying at Manvar?
- Desert excursions in the desert around Manvar in 4x4 Jeep
- Longer excursions to village KHICHAN to the crane feeding grounds & LOHAWAT Bishnoi temple.
- Camel safaris & Camel rides
- Village walks
- Picnic lunches in the desert
- Theme dinners
- Day visit to Jaisalmer and Jodhpur
- Indoor games like carom , chess , etc
Q14. What are the highlights and features of Manvar excursions?
- Explore the wilderness of the Thar desert
- See unique desert adapted species of flora and fauna
- See & climb the sand dunes
- Visit the homes of the inhabitants living in the desert .Also see some homes of the desert craftsmen
- Visit the farms in the desert and learn about farming in the desert
- Longer excursions to Khichan ( 45 minutes from manvar )where thousands of migratory birds come every year from October to March
- These birds are fed by the local villagers .Khichan is also famous for the red sandstone havelis.
- Visit to Bishnoi Village
Q15. Are there any suggested one day or two day programs /itineraries for guests staying in Manvar?
Q16. What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancellation Policy:-
- (1) Non Refundable and Non-cancellable: From28th October to 10th November and then from 23rd December to 3rd January
- (2) 15 Days Cancellation Policy:-
- • If cancelled before 15 days prior to arrival – Free Cancellation
- • If cancelled or modified after or within 15 days to arrival or in case of No show: No refund